Here is a picture of the butsudan in Kazuteru's house:
Here is our kids' Japanese genealogy, as far as I know:
1. Jared, Jessica, Jacob, Samuel
2. Celestine Hobbs (mother)
3. Gregory Joseph Kupski "George" (Grandfather)
3. Utako Sato Pitcher (Grandmother, maiden name is Sato)
4. Sue Takita Sato (great grandmother) b 1904 d 2/4/1949 (age 45)
4. Kazuo Sato (great grandfather) b 1893 d 4/13/1947 (age 54)
5. Hama Sato (great great grandmother) b 1867 d 1/26/1944 (age 77)
5. Kazumoto Sato (great great grandfather) b1867 d9/1/1923 (age 56)
6. Hachirouemon Sato (great great great grandfather)*
*The generation before Hachiroemon was probably Samurai
For those interested in the Japanese date system, here are the names and the death dates written in the butsudan. For fun, look up Showa, Taisho, and Heisei with GOOGLE to see about these Japanese periods or eras. If we can find a Samurai line with the name "Tamura," we may get even more information!
Name Death_date Age_at_death
Kazuo Sato Showa 22 nen 4 gatsu 13 nichi 54 sai
Sue Sato Showa 24 nen 2 gatsu 4 nichi 45 sai
Kazumoto Sato Taisho 12 nen 9 gatsu 1 nichi 56 sai
Hama Sato Showa 19 nen 1 gatsu 26 nen 77 sai
Teu "Cho" Sato Heisei 3 nen 5 gatsu 5 nichi 88 sai
Kazuaki Sato Showa 40 nen 24 sai
Etsuko Sato Showa 9 nen 4 sai
Aiko Sato** Showa 38 nen 31 sai
**Kazuyoshi San's 1st wife (mother of Masako and Hiroko)
After a great stay in Tomobe, we returned to the Narita airport. We were a bit late, so they pinned a sticker of an airplane on us with our seat numbers. We were escorted through security and on to the Boeing 777. After departing at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, we got back into


6 comments:
Cool blog and great pictures. A family cemetery is different and interesting.
You guys!! I was so excited to see all of your pictures and to hear your stories. It is really interesting to see all the architecture in Japan, because it is so similar to here....and rightly so, I guess. The Japanese were here for quite a while, and you can really see the influence in some of the older buildings, and in the cemetaries. I was also impressed with your excellent attitude toward the food. I have decided that I am simply a coward when it comes to food here. There are actually things I really like, but it has taken me nine months to work up the courage to eat those things! It looks like you had a great time! If you decide you need another vacation in the next two months...you could always come here and experience the differences between Taiwan and Japan!!
Awesome posting guys! It looks like a great trip. And welcome to blogging! It's great!
Krista is right. Eating raw squid, fish, horse, etc. is probably an acquired taste, but then you're hooked! A friend of mine, who has lived in Japan, said he would go to the race track and the Japanese would eat raw horse, cooked horse, even horse ice cream! I would rather have vanilla! If we only had the time (and money) we would love to see you in Taiwan, but mostly we just want to see your family! Do I need to find Brian a job in Albuquerque? We could use more Hobbs's down here.
Julie, tell mom that I'll post the kitchen remodel starting from the tear down, to the floor, appliances, etc. when I get a chance.
Post a Comment