Thursday, September 07, 2023

September 6, 2023: Santa Fe outing with close friends

Wednesday, September 6th: My sweet friend, Kris Steel, invited her 60+ year old friends to join her on an outing to Santa Fe during the Wednesday free for seniors Rail Runner train ride, and three of us came. I also invited Patti Waseta to join us, making five in all. 

We walked from the train to the Plaza, had a delicious Mexican lunch, shopped, sat, and ate ice cream. I have never done anything like this with family or with friends, so it was extra fun for me. 

I reminisced of fond memories visiting Jared and his young family when they lived in Santa Fe early in their marriage. I remember how excited they were to have their first newly built house. I also thought about how Jared used to take the Rail Runner into work and back everyday when he lived in Belen and landed his first job outside of Sandia at a start-up company in Santa Fe. He made many sacrifices early in life as a young husband and provider. I am really proud of him and of each of our awesome children.

Kris Steel and Patti Waseta on the Rail Runner train

Paula Castle and Teresa Russell on the train

Awesome Halloween decorations


]
A coolest ever pottery shop











I think the pottery shop, the Christmas shop, and the balsamic store were our favorites overall. We are going back the end of November when the Plaza is covered in Christmas lights! We want to stay longer too.



Gotta go back and buy some of these gorgeous hot air balloon ornaments for family members and friends.













We were all hungry and really enjoyed our Mexican lunch







Everyone on their cell phones looking at our photos--I hope







I love these ladies!

No comments: