Monday, June 20, 2016

April 28, 2016: Strolling through Atlanta's Botanical Garden

It turned out to be a rather hot, humid day when I walked to the Atlanta Botanical Garden from our hotel. I had no idea how far away it was, but my pedometer read over 10 miles by the time I was done

Henry's Deck, where I ate lunch on my way to the Botanical Garden
Entrance to the Garden
Intricate hand-blown glass sculptures adorned the gardens


One of the COLORFUL trees in Atlanta's Botanical Garden




   




Plenty of walkways and bridges in the Garden


  
And a few places to sit and rest




  
There's water trickling down these steps



  
I think I walked in circles at the Botanic Garden. This colorful glass sculpture isn't far from the entrance.



  
The beautiful glass added a lot to the Garden
  
This interesting garden area looked newly planted



  
Japanese-inspired garden area




  
Loved these climbing Primroses

  
A little splash of color here and there














  
Entrance to the "Edible Garden"


  
Those are large tomatoes hanging from the perimeter wall of the garden




  
One of my favorite glass sculptures, and one that I'm sure Mike would have loved



Whew, that was FUN! I'm so glad I got to visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden during our stay

2 comments:

Jessica Dunlap said...

What a beautiful garden! I wish I could have been there with you! Were those sculptures always there or just part of the Chihuly exhibit? They definitely look cool!

Celestine said...

Just part of the temporary exhibit so I was lucky to see them during our trip! Love you Jess!!!